Words from the heart speak to the heart.
By Åsa Nilsson | January 27, 2023
As a wee lass, I hated asking for help. Why? Because I didn’t want anyone to know that I didn’t ‘know’. Perhaps this is the backlash of being the youngest of five siblings, I don’t know (See? I’m already doing better).
Going from judging myself for my self imposed ‘learning disability’ to discovering that it truly is so much easier just asking for help.
The guest contact info:
Host name: Åsa Nilsson
Takeaway’s from this episode:
- As a young person I hated asking for help. Learn why.
- Felt like I had to figure everything out by myself.
- I divulge a deep dark secret about my lack of knowledge on grammar.
- Never asking for help WAS my learning disability.
- Working on judging myself for this turned into the knowledge of how I treat myself and others.
- Tim Ferris quote: I come to you with my hat in my hand.
- Howard Thurman quote: Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive because the world needs more people that have come alive.YES!!!
- We are al just showing up perfectly imperfect.
- I’m the luckiest girl alive. I GET to do this. All my time is free time (Sheri Salata quote).
- I share my ballsy move (with 2 episodes and 1 subscriber) in asking a YouTube influencer about being a guest on the podcast.
- Being nervous to meet her and finding her 1000 times more lovely than I expected.
- We are all the same. Seen, valued, heard and loved.
- Who can you reach out to this week and share the love, have someone’s back this week. We all deserve it.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Tim Ferris https://tim.blog/ I love this guy. He is super interesting and he also has a podcast that I am sure I will be a guest on one day. 🙂
- Howard Thurman https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Thurman
- Therese Eriksson, Videographer Aficionado Extraordinaire, https://www.linkedin.com/in/thereseeri/ + https://www.thereseeriksson.com/
Offer to work with me:
As of 2023, Åsa will only be accepting private coaching clients on a case by case basis. For consideration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe on Spotify, ACast, Google Podcasts
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click email@example.com.
If you’d like to advertise with us, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for listening!
You can find us here: