Do we have to HAVE more to BE more?
By Åsa Nilsson | Sep 29, 2023
Åsa has now been doing her own version of Swedish Death Cleaning in her home and the best laid plans have gone to hell in a handbasket, and quickly.
Proving yet again that a ‘plan’ is only a plan when the reality sets in to what kind of work and TIME it actually takes to do this process. So what’s a gal to do?
ANYTHING. Start small. Even if it’s an hour and you only have a bag.
Åsa will always show you the real deal. You can count on that.
Progress not perfection, dear heart. Let it be easy and be open to opening a drawer and starting there.
Host Name: Åsa Nilsson
Host contact Information:
IN THIS EPISODE I TALK ABOUT:
- I like to organize and get rid of stuff. Move things around, in a methodical way. HA! Or so I thought.
- The initial plan has gone to hell in a handbasket. What is the REALITY of how this is actually looking?
- “What was I thinking”. How many times have I said those words?
- Why do I hold on to the things I hold on to?
- The best laid plans. The kitchen was *supposed to’ be next. Nope. Have to pivot due to time restrictions.
- Pulled a Tarot card, 2 of Cups, explanation of that card for us today. Partnerships. Working together.
- If a feeling of overwhelm happens, what to do? One room, one hour, one space, one bag at a time.
- Books, medicine cabinets, expired medicine, start intuitively. Just take action.
- Done is better than perfect (again).
- If you haven’t worn it in 20 years versus one year, that’s the Åsa way. 🙂
- Head, heart, hands concept. Likened to my Body, Mind, Soul and Home Decluttering concept.
- Start to create peace NOW.
- Not leaving a mess for someone else to take care of when I’m gone.
- Numbing out with stuff, more belongings, looking good for others.
- Death cleaning is about evolving. Who am I? Changing, growing into my podcast. Or?
- I don’t want more stuff. Being more versus having more. “Do we have to have more to be more”?
- Upcycling, repurposing, donating. Encouraging sustainability and it’s eco friendly!
Mentioned in this episode:
- Book: Döstädning, The Gentle Art of Death Cleaning, by Margareta Magnusson
- Sandy Michel (Stone) https://www.instagram.com/sand_stormee/
- Huntington National Bank, https://www.huntington.com/
- Coach https://uk.coach.com/
- Ann Taylor https://www.anntaylor.com/
- Enzo https://www.instagram.com/shoesenzo_officiel/?hl=en
- Tarot Cards: Rider Waite Tarot deck https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rider%E2%80%93Waite_Tarot
- Tammy Printy https://www.instagram.com/a_tammy_hair_cut/
- KonMari https://www.instagram.com/mariekondo/?hl=en
- Stars of the Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning (Peacock, Bravo)
- Johan Svensson, Designer, FABLAB store owner, Södermalm https://www.instagram.com/svenson_johan/
- Katarina Blom, Psychologist https://www.instagram.com/katarinablom/
- Ellinor Engström, Organizer https://www.instagram.com/engsroom/
Contact Information for Komeil Asli, Podcast Production Manager.
Freelance Graphic designer, UI/UX Designer and Front-end Developer.
Like and follow us on Instagram, @AsaNilssonSweden.
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to advertise with us, email@example.com.
Thank you so much for listening!
You can find us here: