Are you living poetically?
By Åsa Nilsson | December 13, 2022
Dana shares her truthful emotions around the build-up to her 50th birthday, and her potent plan to navigate her “expectation hangover”.
Dana is raw and real. She gives herself full permission to FEEL and excavate the depths of her emotions, and she helps other women come more fully alive by doing the same.
This rich conversation highlights the power of unraveling. It speaks to the deep sense of resolve and empowerment that comes with deeply honoring, expressing, and releasing our emotions. When we allow ourselves to sob achingly, we make space for the reclamation, that lies just on the other side.
The guest contact info:
Guest name: Dana Inouye
Takeaway’s from this episode:
- Full permission granted to feel deeply.
- Dana’s navigating expectation hangover around her 50th birthday.
- Mitigating disappointments, sadness, and grief, by honoring them.
- Expressing and releasing emotions ushers in restoration and reclamation.
- Creating a ritual “funeral for disappointments” as an empowering act that keeps you “in the game” rather than taking you out.
- Showing up in integrity, and alignment in her business.
- Do you ask/name what it is you want? How can you give YOURSELF what you want?
- Dana’s mantra: I’m here now.
- Question, challenge, invitation: Are you living poetically?
Mentioned in this episode:
- Leonard Cohen: “Anthem”: There’s a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in.
- Liz Gilbert: “Big Magic”: Let fear take a back seat (or disappointment, in this case).
- Hotel on the Oregon coastline where Dana was wanting to cry in her soaker tub and look out over the ocean: Hallmark Resort and Spa, Cannon Beach
Offer to work with me:
Join Åsa as her Private Life Coaching VIP Client now through December 31st 2022.
Reach out directly via to discuss:
Thank you so much for listening!
You can find us here:
This discussion, I feel, is something every human can relate to. I’m guilty of holding onto disappointment too long. I took away to let go of these disappointments with honor. This is going to leave more room in my head to enjoy, simply enjoy more! I feel this will draw so much more happiness to my life🎉
Thank you for this podcast!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Sarah. You listening means the world to me and if anything that is being said ‘lands’ in your heart then myself and Dana have done our work well. Big love and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours. Åsa